L.A. Kalbi (flanken-style short ribs)
**This recipe was featured as part of our 2022 Fired Up grilling demonstration.**
- Blitz garlic, Asian pear, and ginger to a smooth purée in a food processor or blender. (Or, finely grate garlic and ginger; grate Asian pear on large holes of a box grater.)
- Transfer purée to a medium bowl. Whisk in mirin, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, black pepper, and ½ cup water until sugar is dissolved.
- Arrange short ribs in a resealable plastic bag or baking dish. Pour marinade over and turn ribs to coat. Seal or cover and chill at least 4 hours and up to 12 hours.
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat; oil grate.
- Remove short ribs from marinade and grill until well browned and slightly charred around edges, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a platter and top with sesame seeds and sliced scallions. Let rest 5 minutes, then cut meat into bite-size pieces with kitchen shears.
Leave A Comment