**This recipe was featured as part of our 2020 Virtual New Release Wine & Food Pairings.**
- Classic Chardonnay
Whitefish is a lightly flavored fish that is easy to locate in the Great Lakes region. Because the fish is delicately flavored, a lighter smoke can be used which pairs nicely with the restrained smoke resulting from barrel aging the Chardonnay. The crisp acidity of a cool climate wine also helps to cut through the fat in the mousse.
- 4 ounces Smoked Whitefish, skin removed
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Heavy Cream
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1/3 Lemon, juiced
- ½ teaspoon Fresh Dill Weed, finely chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pumpernickel Cocktail Bread
- Seedless Cucumber, sliced
- Place smoked whitefish in a food processor, and blend until smooth. Mix in the heavy cream, cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill weed, salt and pepper. Blend well.
- Place a slice of cucumber on top of a piece of the Pumpernickel bread, top with mousse and garnish with a sprig of dill.