- Vino Verde (Dry White)
- Pinot Grigio (Dry White)
This recipe was featured as the 1st course during the 2015 New Release Wine & Food Pairings.
- 2 bulbs fennel, trimmed and chopped small
- 1/3 red onion, chopped small
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped small
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 red grapefruit – peeled, white pith removed, pulled to small pieces
- 3 Tablespoons chopped roasted walnuts
- Juice from ½ fresh lemon
- Juice from ½ fresh lime
- ½ cup grapefruit juice
- ¼ cup pomace olive oil
- Combine fennel, onion, apple, grapefruit, and walnuts in bowl and drizzle with lemon juice.
- In a jar with a lid combine dressing ingredients and shake vigorously. Pour over salad and mix well.