- Pinot Noir (Dry Red)
- Cabaret Rose (Dry Rose)
While we often go to great lengths to craft intricate meals, sometimes it is nice to just have something easy and homemade. This is a great casserole when you want comfort food, quickly. You can even assemble ahead of time and pop it in the oven when you are ready.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 1 cup broccoli or cut up asparagus
- 1 14.5oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Combine brown rice and water in saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer; cover and let cook about 45 minutes, or until rice is done.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 11″x7″ dish with cooking spray.
- Stir together cooked rice, chicken, broccoli (or asparagus) and mushrooms. Place in cooking dish.
- Combine tomatoes, onion and Italian seasoning. Pour over chicken mixture in dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover dish with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and back an additional 15 minutes.