**This recipe was featured as part of our 2017 New Release Wine & Food Pairings.**
- Traminette (Semi-Dry White)
- Edelzwicker (Off-Dry White)
Not many white wines would go well with this flavorful cheese spread. However Traminette has a wonderful floral aromatic, fruity flavor and slightly spicy finish, making it an interesting and successful pairing.
- 1-12oz. pkg. bacon strips, cooked, drained and chopped
- ½ cup roasted pecans, chopped
- 4 cups (1 pound) finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red bell pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir together well.
- Let set at least 2-3 hours for flavors to blend.
- Serve at room temperature on your favorite crackers or with raw vegetables.