**This recipe was featured as part of our 2019 New Release Wine & Food Pairings.**
- Meritage (Dry Red)
- Cabernet Franc (Dry Red)
A classic brownie makes a good base for this rich twist on a chocolate sauce, though this recipe would work well over fruit or dark chocolate cake. The fruitiness of the Chambourd helps draw out the fruit notes in a dry red wine such as Cabernet Franc.
- 1/2 cup chocolate stout beer
- 3.5 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped or chips
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons Chambord
- In a heavy-duty 1-quart saucepan, boil the stout until reduced by half.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate and sugar. Let stand one minute.
- Stir. Add the cream and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in Chambord