**This recipe was featured as part of our 2017 New Release Wine & Food Pairings.**
- Ice Wine (Dessert Wine)
- Late Harvest Vignoles (Dessert Wine)
Dessert wine pairings can be tricky. The key is to choose a food item that seems less sweet compared to the wine (even if in reality the food has more sugar). The savory elements of cheesecake help ensure the wine seems more sweet. The jam ties in the fruit flavors in this delicious pairing to end a great meal.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 – 8oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Assorted jams, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter until all crumbs are moist.
- Press gently onto the bottom of 12 paper-lined muffin cups.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Spoon over crusts.
- Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until centers are set.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Top each cheesecake with 1 teaspoon of slightly warmed jam.