**This recipe was featured as part of our 2017 New Release Wine & Food Pairings.**
- Muscat Ottonel (Dry White)
- Moscato (Semi-Dry White)
- Lakeshore Demi-Sec (Semi-Dry White)
The classic orange blossom characteristics of Muscat Ottonel pair perfectly with the orange marinade on the chicken. Also, Muscat Ottonel is one of the few wines that pairs nicely with asparagus, which adds a nice dimension to this dish.
- 10 – 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, ends trimmed, roasted
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, roasted
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced including the greens
- 8 – 12 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup orange juice (we used Trop 50 for less sugar)
- Sea salt
- 2 cups cooked extra long grain rice
- Place chicken thighs in a half gallon zip-lock bag. Pour in thawed orange juice concentrate and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
- When finished marinating, remove chicken from refrigerator. (reserve marinade) Pour 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a heated, heavy skillet.
- Add minced garlic and stir to release garlic oil. When garlic turns golden, add chicken thighs to pan. Allow to cook over medium high heat about 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- While chicken is cooking, ready the bell pepper and asparagus by cleaning and slicing pepper and removing the woody end of the asparagus.
- Place in large bowl and coat with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sea salt. Roast bell peppers and asparagus in 400° oven for about 30 minutes or until done.
- Return to chicken after 20 minutes and turn over. Cook another 15-20 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Remove chicken from pan and pour reserved marinade into hot pan to deglaze caramelized garlic from pan.
- Let marinade cook until reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, cut asparagus to desired lengths and add to cooked rice. Add roasted pepper strips and chopped green onions to rice.
- Pour cooked marinade into rice mixture and stir together.
- Place a helping of rice on a plate and top with a chicken thigh.