**This recipe was featured as part of our 2017 New Release Wine & Food Pairings.**
- Sauvignon Blanc (Dry White)
Sauvignon Blanc can be a tricky food pairing. Those from cool climates (such as Michigan) tend to exhibit more citrus fruit character. The lemon dressing helps to bridge the flavors between the wine and food.
- 28 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, roasted
- ½ medium red onion
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 fresh lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients (except salt and pepper) together in a large bowl. Refrigerate 24 hours to let the flavors meld together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste before serving.