**This recipe was featured as part of our 2018 New Release Wine & Food Pairings.**
- Meritage (Dry Red)
- Cabernet Sauvignon (Dry Red)
- Lakeshore Ruby Red (Semi-Dry Red)
This sugar-free low carb chocolate mousse is rich and creamy with less than for net carbs per serving. The slight bit of gelatin helps stabilize the mousse so you can make it in advance. Fast and easy to prepare!
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 cup Splenda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened powdered cocoa (Ghirardelli preferred)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional Topping: whipped cream lightly sweetened with Splenda
- Optional Topping: Light dusting of unsweetened cocoa power
- Chill a medium mixing bowl in the refrigerator
- Meanwhile place the cold water in a small bowl. Sprinkle with gelatin and let stand 1 minute.
- Add boiling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Set aside.
- In the chilled bowl, combine Splenda, cocoa powder, salt, whipping cream and vanilla until roughly mixed.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat mixture until it becomes stiff. Do not over-beat or you will end up with chocolate butter!
- Beat in the gelatin mixture just until combined.
- Spoon chocolate mousse into decorative dessert dishes or martini glasses. Chill 1 to 2 hours before serving.
- Top with whipped cream and cocoa powder if desired.
**May be made a day in advance.