**This recipe was featured as part of our 2019 New Release Wine & Food Pairings.**
- Vignoles Reserve (Semi-Dry White)
- Semi-Dry Riesling (Semi-Dry White)
The slight heat in this classic Asian salad compliments a slightly sweet and full flavored wine such as Riesling. Additional heat can be added by increasing the amount of Sriracha sauce.
- 8 oz angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced (about 4 cloves)
- 6 green onions, chopped with white parts separated
- 2/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 18 oz broccoli coleslaw
- 4 oz grated carrots
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook noodles until al dente, according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse briefly with cool water to remove the excess starch and stop the cooking.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Add the broccoli and coleslaw, carrots and green parts of the onions.
- Put the sesame oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add ginger, garlic, and white parts of the green onions. Cook until fragrant.
- Stir in soy sauce, Sriracha, brown sugar and rice vinegar.
- Cook until sugar is melted and everything is well incorporated.
- Pour over noodles and mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with cilantro.