**This recipe was featured as part of our 2016 New Release Wine & Food Pairings.**
- Traminette (Semi-Dry White)
- Lakeshore Demi-Sec (Semi-Dry White)
This was one of the most unique recipes featured at our 2016 New Release Wine & Food Pairing weekends. The balance of sweetness, tartness and savory goodness is a crowd favorite!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 30 oz crushed pineapple in natural juice, well drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups firmly packed cubed white bread, crusts removed
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in pineapple and lemon juice. Gently fold in bread cubes until all are moist.
- Spoon into a greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Baked, uncovered, 40 to 45 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Best served warm.