- Moscato (Semi-Sweet White)
- Lakeshore Demi Sec (Semi-Dry White)
This inventive dessert recipe was featured as the 4th course during the 2015 New Release Wine & Food Pairings.
- 1 & 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside. Beat eggs in a large bowl until thick. Beat in honey and almond extract.
- Gradually add dry ingredients blending well. Stir in dates and almonds. Spread evenly in a greased 9×13 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until golden on top. Cool about 5 minutes and then cut into bars.