- Pinot Grigio (Dry White)
- Pinot Noir (Dry Red)
This is a hearty meal to serve in the fall or winter. The smells in the house are simply intoxicating. The use of chicken thighs adds a lot of extra flavor. And thighs are often much cheaper than other parts of the chicken.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 slices apple wood smoked bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic gloves, minced
- 2 cups torn spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 cans Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cook the bacon in an ovenproof skillet until crisp. Remove and chop. Retain bacon drippings in skillet.
- Add chicken to skillet and brown 2 minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet. Cook 5 minutes on medium heat. Stir in bacon, spinach, beans, tomatoes and wine.
- Remove from heat. Place chicken on top and bake 40-45 minutes.