In this unique recipe, black beans take the place of flour…making it gluten free! The flavors and tannin present in good dark chocolate are a natural pairing with a red wine such as Meritage or Lakeshore Red.
- 1 15oz can cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon Mexican vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon rounded cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 to 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease an 8×8 inch baking dish.
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth and no bean skins are visible.
- Pour in prepared baking dish and sprinkle top with chocolate chips.
- Bake until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes.