This was a guest favorite at the 2013 Wine & Food Pairing Weekends. The spice in the chili sauce is subdued and rounded out by a touch of residual sugar in a white such as our semi-dry Riesling.
- 1 14oz package of cocktail sausages
- 1 12oz package smoked bacon
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup Asian sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha hot chili sauce
- Wood toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Remove cold bacon from package and cut each strip into thirds.
- Wrap each cocktail sausage with 1/3 strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place 5-10 bacon wrapped sausages into container with brown sugar and cover.
- Roll and lightly shake container until all sausages are coated.
- Place in preheated oven and bake 20-30 minutes watching closely to prevent burning.
- Remove from oven and remove from baking sheet to serving platter while hot.
- In a small bowl, combine Asian chili sauce and Sriracha hot sauce. Mix well.
- Sauce as desired or reserve for dipping.