- Meritage (Dry Red)
- Lakeshore Ruby Red (Semi-Dry Red)
This recipe was featured as the 5th course during the 2015 New Release Wine & Food Pairings. Serve these delicious meatballs with your favorite red sauce. We like to incorporate a nice red wine in the sauce to marry the flavors between the food and wine.
- 1 – lb. ground sirloin
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- ¾ cup water (room temperature)
- ¾ cup fresh Reggiano Cheese, grated or shredded
- ½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place meat in a mixing bowl and press lightly in bottom to form a bowl.
- Do not mix the ingredients as you go but layer in “meat bowl”. Over mixing will make your meatballs tough.
- Put garlic on top of meat and gently rub around to cover meat.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Crack the egg and place on top of the garlic.
- Pour water on top of egg.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the water like a blanket.
- Cover the cheese with the breadcrumbs.
- Now you are ready to mix from the outside of the bowl to the middle. Go around the bowl 3 times folding the ingredients into the middle. DO NOT over handle the meat.
- Roll into your preferred size meatball and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 – 30 mins. Or until the top of the meatballs begin to brown.