Even a global pandemic is not going to stop us from the annual celebration of chili and Michigan wine! This years event will be much different, but still promises to be a good time.
Because the judges can not taste chilis, we have evolved the 2021 event into a creative, online, plating contest. Here are the rules.
- All contestants must register on our website prior to January 31st.
- Sometime between now and January 31st, prepare you very best chili. If you need help, we have a custom-made chili kit you can add on to your registration for only $10. If you buy 12 or more bottles of wine (for pick-up or shipping) we will throw in the chili kit at no charge!
- Channel your inner Food Network star and plate your chili, complete with a bottle of Fenn Valley wine or can of hard cider in the background.
- Take a picture, or video, and post it on our Facebook page before January 31st.
- Our esteemed panel of judges will choose the top 3 plating presentations on February 1st. Scroll down for criteria the judges will be using to rate the submissions.
- All registered attendees, and our Facebook followers, will be invited to vote on the very best plating presentation from the top 3.
- The grand champion Chili Cook-in winner will be announced via Facebook on February 7th.
Prizes are as follows…
- Grand Champion: 2 tickets to a Winemaker’s Dinner when the world returns to normal ($150 value)
- Second Place: 2 tickets to a Summer Evening Cook-out ($80 value)
- Third Place: Fenn Valley swag bag ($40 value)