Note About Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Last Update: June 5th, 2020
Fenn Valley is committed to a safe and friendly environment for guests and employees. The global coronavirus outbreak presents challenges to this goal. With no ability to predict the future, Fenn Valley is following the guidance of federal, state and local officials. The situation is rapidly evolving and continues to be fluid.
We encourage our friends everywhere to take the extra precautions necessary to safeguard their health and that of others. It’s everyone’s responsibility to help stop the spread of this virus. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and your local health authorities are the best resources for updates and answers to questions.
Effective June 8th we will be back open with modified procedures.
The Fennville tasting room is open 7 days a week from 11am-5pm. The Saugatuck tasting room is open Thursday-Sunday from 11am-5pm.
We are honored to be back serving our customers! Whether it is a special occasion or just a much-needed reality break, we appreciate each person who has chosen to support our business. Safety is our number one priority, for both customers and employees. Steps we are taking to ensure the experience is a safe and enjoyable as possible.
- Staff Training: We have taken extensive steps to train all employees on new safety procedures or altered duties. We are also taking extra caution to ensure staff handling potentially contaminated items (e.g. dirty dishes, money) are not handling service-ware or anything else a customer may directly contact.
- Tastings: Reserved Tastings are highly recommended. These can be booked online. Priority will be given to reservations, and in many cases non-reserved tastings may not be available. Food consumption is not allowed during tastings.
- Wine and Hard Cider by the Glass: On-Premise consumption is available in our outdoor spaces only. Luckily, we have a lot of them. Tables will be pre-set in areas to allow for appropriate social distancing. You are welcome to bring your own food or purchase pre-packaged food from our tasting room.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): PPE is always required by our staff. This includes a mask, and gloves when appropriate. Guests are required to wear masks when inside until seated at their table, and anytime social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Cleaning and Sanitation: Using EPA-registered products we will be sanitizing each touch point between guests and high touch point surfaces constantly throughout the day. We will also be conducting a daily deep cleaning of all restrooms and high touch areas before we open each day. We will have hand sanitizer stations throughout the facility. Our commercial dishwashers are tested on a regular basis and include a chlorine-based sanitizer step authorized by the EPA and Michigan Department of Agriculture.
- Service-ware: Whenever possible, we will be using compostable single use cups for tastings and wine-by-the-glass. Trays will be cleaned and sanitized in our commercial dishwasher between each use.
- Social Distancing and Groups: Social distancing is required between groups. Groups are limited to 10 people. Any group exceeding 10 people will be asked to split up.
- Screening: Every employee is screened each day before reporting to work. Symptomatic employees are asked to stay home until a negative COVID-19 test confirmation, or a 14-day symptom free quarantine is achieved.
- Symptoms: Customers must be symptom free to enter our facilities or partake in on-premise consumption.
We are able to ship wine! In fact, many government agencies are recommending this as a responsible way to support local wineries. To make shipping as easy and cost effective as possible, we are offering $1 shipping on 12 or more bottles. Head to our store to buy online.
Events and Tours
Events and tours have been cancelled or postponed until at least June 12th, subject to extension as we learn more. This includes Music in the Vineyards on Thursdays and Saturdays. Those with existing reservations will be contacted directly and presented with options.
Wine Festival, originally scheduled for June 27th, has also been cancelled. As much as we would love to welcome everyone back, we do not foresee a situation where a 1000+ person event is even remotely possible right now. Subsequent events will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis as more information becomes available.
Additionally, we wish to reiterate our event and tour cancellation policy allows for a full refund due to illness. We would much prefer to refund your booking compared with exposing our guests and employees to illness, COVID-19 included. When the time comes feel comfortable booking experiences with us knowing you can change plans if your health situation changes.