- Dry Riesling (Dry White)
- Riesling (Semi-Dry White)
This is a great recipe for a quick mid-week meal. The ingredients are simply suggestions; feel free to experiment. As written, this is great paired with one of our Rieslings.
- 8 oz hot, cooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 6 oz fully cooked turkey sausage links, cut in half and sliced into half moons
- 2 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over med-high heat; cook garlic and mushrooms about 5 minutes, until fully cooked. Add wine and let cook until almost evaporated.
- Add sliced sausage. Cook 5 minutes or until warmed through.
- Add spinach. Cook and stir until wilted and mixed in.
- Mix mushroom mixture with hot pasta. Add olive oil and feta cheese. Stir to combine.
Notes: Try adding a splash of good aged Balsamic vinegar to add more depth of flavor. Also, adding more veggies is simple and will boost nutritional value. Try diced zucchini, halved cherry or grape tomatoes or broccoli.