- Riesling (Semi-Dry White)
- Sweet Riesling (Semi-Sweet White)
This recipe was featured as the 3rd course during the 2015 New Release Wine & Food Pairings. With it full flavor and touch of sweetness, our Semi-Dry Riesling is a great wine with spicy food!
- 1 Pound Spicy Chorizo
- 1 pkg. flour tortillas (usually 10 per pkg.)
- 2 – 3 red delicious apples
- Queso melting cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Core apples and cut into slices about ¼ inch thick. Lay out on cookie sheet with parchment paper in single layer. Roast in oven about 10 minutes or until they just start to get golden. Remove from oven and turn apple slices over. Return to oven for about 10 more minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- While apples are roasting, cook chorizo in skillet on stove top. Break up while cooking like scrambled burger.
- Once apples have cooled enough to handle, lay out tortillas on a cookie sheet. Lay apple slices out like a sunburst on one half of the tortillas. Next cover apples with queso melting cheese. Cover cheese with cooked chorizo. Fold empty side of tortilla over the loaded side. Press down with your hand.
- Place assembled quesadillas in 350 F oven for about 20 mins. Flip quesadillas over and return to hot oven for about 20 minutes.