- Premier Cuvee (Dry, Sparkling White)
- True Chardonnay (Dry White)
This recipe is from our good friend, Chef Christine Ferris. It uses butternut squash in place of garbanzo beans, making it a perfect addition to any fall menu. If you are like us you start all your family gatherings with sparkling wine and appetizers. This appetizer pairs exceptionally well with sparkling or crisp white wine. Serve the hummus with pita chips or veggies.
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ cup sautéed onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (roasted is particularly good)
- 1/3 cup tahini
- Roast butternut squash in a 350 degree F oven for 50-55 minutes, or until soft.
- Cool squash, scoop out pulp and place in bowl.
- Add rest of ingredients to squash
- Puree all with immersion blender or place in food processor and blend until smooth.
If you want to learn more about Chef Christine Ferris, visit her site here.