- Vignoles Reserve (Semi-Dry White)
- 42 Ice Wine (Sweet White)
This is a year around favorite of the winery family. This particular recipe was developed by Celita Welsch. Dip the biscotti into the wine for a sort of adult version of “milk and cookies.”
- 1/2 cup egg whites at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup Splenda (or sugar if desired)
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1.5 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (or chopped walnuts)
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 3.5 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- In a large bowl, whip eggs, Splenda, and sugar until light. Mix in the vanilla and almond extracts. Add the orange zest and oil. Combine the flour and baking power, stir into the egg mixture along with the dried apricots, nuts, and white chocolate chips. For dough into 3 logs and place them 3 inches apart on a flat baking pan lined with parchment paper. Flatten slightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until golden and firm to the touch. Remove from oven and cool completely. Remove to a cutting board and slice each log into 1 inch wide diagonal slices with a serrated knife. Return the slices to the baking sheet, standing up with a 1/4 inch gap between each piece.
- Return the slices to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.