**This recipe was featured as part of our 2018 New Release Wine & Food Pairings.**
- True Chardonnay (Dry White)
- Classic Chardonnay (Barrel Aged Dry White)
This full flavored appetizer recipe is compliments of Farmhouse Deli in Douglas, Michigan. Please note: This recipe is scaled for a commercial kitchen. Please contact Farmhouse Deli for information on scaling it down if desired.
- 1 lb butter
- 2 1/2 cups white flour
- 4 quarts heavy cream
- 1/2 gallon whole milk
- 3/4 block cream cheese
- 5 quarts shredded gruyere cheese
- 6 cups Parmesan cheese
- 4 lbs spinach, blanched and finely chopped
- Salt, garlic powder and white pepper to taste
- Combine butter and flour to make a roux. Click here to learn how to roux.
- Add heavy cream, whole milk and cream cheese. Heat over medium-low heat. Use caution not to burn.
- Mix in gruyere cheese, Parmesan cheese and spinach.
- Add salt, garlic powder and white pepper to taste.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
**Can be made up to two days in advance.