- Sparkling Riesling (Semi-dry Sparkling)
- Edelzwicker (Off-dry White)
These are great for your next cocktail party! Mushrooms form a perfect earthy base that compliments Michigan wine. These can also be made ahead of time, making them the perfect appetizer for your next impromptu gathering.
- 24 fresh mushrooms (baby bellas are perfect)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup each grated Parmesan cheese and shredded cheddar
- 1 turkey sausage Italian link
- 2 Tablespoons dry white wine (e.g. True Chardonnay)
- Remove stems from mushrooms, chop stems to measure 1 cup. Set aside.
- Place caps , stem sides down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake in 425 Degree F oven 5 minutes. Drain On a paper towel.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add reserved stems, garlic, and onion, and wine; Cook until tender and wine evaporates. Stir in the crumbs, cheese, and sausage.
- Place mushrooms stem side up on a baking sheet. Fill cavities with sausage mixture. Bake an additional 8 minutes to heat through.